Friday, February 8, 2013

Fell off the wagon for a day

Monday when I did the Sculpt program I felt really good so I decided to run after. Well, apparently I pushed it a little too far and strained a muscle right above my left knee. It hurt pretty good that day, but tuesday after I did sweat with all those leg lifts it hurt MUCH worse. Like, it was hard to walk up and down stairs. So, Wednesday I went back to Sculpt which is all arms and didn't bother it.But it wasn't any better, either. Yesterday should have been sweat again but I  decided to rest for the day. Even yesterday when I woke up it felt much better. Today its like I had no pain at all. So I got back into the normal routine and did Sculpt again. Tomorrow doing the sweat program will test to see if its all good. If not, I just wont push it. 

It truly seems that getting up in the morning is key for me. Not sticking with my routine, yesterday was a horrible day. I was tired, just wanted to eat junk... (and didnt eat healthy) and it was overall just a craptastic day. Getting up, getting less sleep, working out... I honestly feel better. Even if Im not pushing myself as hard as I could, the routine itself makes me feel better. Plus, now Im totally intrigued about what I ate yesterday because today I feel like a ball of histamine. My arms itch, my hands exema are flaring up again... I feel a difference. Maybe its just a coincidence. Maybe not. I know food has a direct effect on how I feel. Eating healthy for a week then loading up on carbs makes me feel like sleeping for 10 hours. Not good. So, Im going to try to not fall off the healthy eating wagon at least. Although I did stay away from the chocolate yesterday. And that, is HUGE for me. haha 

Also, I modified a pancake recipe this morning to make it gluten free. It worked awesome. I will probably never buy pancake mix again. The kids wont know the difference. We use sugar free syrup to start with so as long as they have that, they wont care.

Power Pancakes:

1 cup Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free Flour mix
1/4 cup quick cooking oats ( I used rolled oats and it worked fine, but Ive also used granola cereal)
3 tsp baking powder
1 cup skim milk (today I used the last of the coconut milk)
3 TBSP canola oil ( dont have canola, used veg oil)
1 TBSP honey
1 egg. 

Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl, mix the rest in another, add the wet to the dry. Makes 4  pretty big pancakes. Serving size is 2 pancakes.


This really is filling too. Usually pancakes dont fill up my hubby, but these do. The original recipe is exactly the same except it calls for 1 cup of wheat or buckwheat flour. I made it with the wheat last time. But this time decided to try to sub the gluten free stuff. And it worked perfectly 1:1. The batter seems a little thinner than I would usually make it if I used a pancake mix, but it really works great. 

So today, I am now fighting to get back into the swing of things. Its amazing how much of a difference a day makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment