Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

First, no joke, when I went to type "happy" I wrote "Nappy". Hmm... not sure if thats my subconscious coming out with my obsession with cloth diapers or if its just telling me I need a nap...

Anyways, Happy New Year! 2013 was an OK year for us. We brought our third and final baby into the world. She got very sick when she was 2 weeks old and spent the next 2 weeks in Children's Hospital. But she made it and is perfectly healthy now. Our boys turned 2 and 5 years old. We celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. 2013 celebrates 10 years my hubby and I have been together. <3 Still not sure why he puts up with me. But I am very thankful and blessed to have him and the family we have created.

2012 seemed to be very hard on many of my friends. So much loss in their lives that really makes me appreciate how blessed we are to have what we have. Yet still my heart aches for those friends.

As I sit here eating my chicken sandwich for lunch, I am determined to make better choices. Obviously I kind of failed with my current lunch but food is slim pickins in the house right now so when I go grocery shopping next, I will be making better choices. I know that my main hurdle is exercising. We dont eat ALL that bad, but not working and staying at home is honestly making it seem like I eat fast food daily. Which I don't. So, I am going to try my best to get on the treadmill EVERY morning. Target is 30 minutes. But if the kids dont let me, then 15 is better than nothing, right? Walk, run, jog... something. Im also going to be drinking tea or coffee most morning to help get me moving. Which isnt the best way to stimulate your body, but if I want to stick with this, then I need to do something to get it started. I am using fitday.com to keep track of my weight and body measurements. At this point I am not counting calories though. With me still nursing the baby I dont want to cut calories too much and lose my milk supply.

So... this is me. 199lbs. The most I have ever weighed not being pregnant. And now is the time to change. I am not having any more babies so I cant use the excuse that I will just get fat again by getting pregnant... Now that our family is complete I need to lose the weight for me and for them. I want to have enough energy to play with them and take them places. When I was 5 my mom weighed 300lbs. And while I dont remember her being that big, Im sure it made a difference on how I was raised. At least for those 5 years or so when she was really big. I dont want my kids to suffer. Or my marriage. Or my health. I need this to happen. Now.

Off to find some sort of doable meal plan/grocery list to help get me started.

No comments:

Post a Comment