Monday, December 10, 2012

Today I wanted to share my attempt at organizing my daily home life in regards to chores. I have a very cluttered (and sometimes actually dirty) house. There, I said it. I hate it. I wish I had some mild for of OCD that helped me keep my house clean. Granted, my house is much cleaner than many. But Its not where I want it to be. I struggle to find the energy to get things done that need done regularly. Then it all piles up and I clean like a mad woman for 24 hours until it about kills me and then I don't want to do anything else for another week. Sad, yes. When we lived in our old apartment I had made this chart that was magnetic that I could move chores to a certain day of the week depending on schedules and such. It worked really well for quite a while. Until I got bored I guess. But I want to try to do something like that again. So, I started by searching Pinterest for chore charts and home organization. I found a chart that I like that you can personalize. I am going to start with it and see how I like it and then maybe expand from there to something like I used to have. Here is that Pin. Its a PDF file that you can make changes to and then print so its pretty versatile. I made my changes and printed it and then lost it on my desk for a few days. (must.clean.desk.off) So once I find it I am going to hang it in the kitchen on the cabinet. Yes, not the prettiest place to hang something, but I will be sure to see it when I go in the kitchen. My fridge is packed full of stuff already so I cant hang it there. I also have seen people buy frames (dollar store ones would work great) and then use dry erase markers on the glass to check off things or write notes. I will have to find that pin too. It was really cute but took up a nice chunk of wall. I also have to find my Home Management Binder that I had made. It contained a chore chart, shopping chart, addresses, bill keeper, etc. I think I know where it is, just have to get it. It seems like there are SO many things I want to do and they seem so insignificant that I don't want to do it because it wont "make a difference." But I have to keep telling myself that all those baby steps are what make change happen. Just have to take the first step. Do you have any suggestions on housework and keeping it on a schedule?

No comments:

Post a Comment